Friday, October 26, 2007

Green Savings Are In The Bag


This is getting old! Hey, I'm trying to save the planet, here! — LD

GUILDFORD, England -- An innovative new range of reusable supermarket shopping bags has been launched to help shoppers reduce their consumption of disposable plastic carrier bags, estimated to be 220 per year for every shopper. The launch comes as London considers a tax or even a complete ban on disposable plastic bags in the capital.

Geccobags.co.uk argue that small lifestyle changes by large numbers of
people can have a major impact in reducing waste and the creation of
carbon, the main cause of global warming. The Geccobag, which holds the
equivalent of three plastic carrier bags, opens out to clip inside a
supermarket trolley. This, say the makers, not only cuts the average
shopper's consumption of plastic carrier bags, but also reduces customer
checkout time by up to 20%, making for a less stressful shopping
experience. "The majority of plastic carrier bags go straight to landfill.
Although these make up only a small percentage of total plastic waste,
tackling the issue will help raise people's awareness of wider issues
surrounding our unsustainable 'throw away' society", says Geccobags
managing director Georgina Tuson-Little.

"I've been using Geccobags for about 2 months and they've really
lowered my stress levels whilst shopping. I'm quite often in a rush and
have my 5 year old with me - it's fair to say that my main aim is to get in
and out as quickly as possible! I find I'm not rushing so much at the check
out. I forgot to take them with me once and was reminded of what a pain in
the neck the check out experience could be without them!" said Jane, a
Geccobag customer.

A range of bags is available, including bags with built in cooler
sections and bottle holders. Bags come in a range of colours including
plain and floral printed canvas.

Visit the website http://www.geccobags.co.uk for more details.

Full article with photos available at:

http://www.prnewswire.co.uk/newsindex.shtml?/cgi/news/release?id=211063

Contact:
Tim Little
Telephone: +44-(0)7770-930361
Email: tim@geccobags.co.uk


SOURCE: Geccobags.co.uk

No comments: